Using FTP to upload a site home page to the server
As a site administrator, you have the priviledge to publish the site home page.
Once you have created a home page and you want to post it on the Cobalt server appliance, you can upload it by following the steps listed below.
Note: Before uploading your home page, make sure its file name is index.html. The uploaded page will appear at http://<your.vanity.domain>/index.html.
- Launch your FTP application, wait for the FTP prompt.
- Type open <hostname>, press Return or Enter. (<hostname> stands for the site name or IP address of the site that will host your home page).
- Type your user name when asked for login name, then press Return or Enter.
- Type your password when asked for password, then press Return or Enter.
- Type cd /web, press Return or Enter. This takes you to the directory for your site home page.
- Type put <path>/index.html, press Return or Enter. This uploads the file.
(<path> stands for the directory location of your home page file on your local disk, and index.html should be the actual name of the file containing your Home page.)
- Type quit, then press Return or Enter. This terminates the file transfer session.